Impairmant of rolling is the critical step in the failure of neutrophil migration in sepsis: role of nitric oxide (2001)
- USP affiliated authors: FORTES, ZULEICA BRUNO - ICB
- USP Schools: ICB
- Subjects: FARMACOLOGIA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Objetivo: During severe sepsis, induced by the cecal ligation and puncture model (CLP), a failure of neutrophil migration (NM) accompanied by high mortality was observed. This phenomenon was prevented by pretreatment of aminoguanidine (AG). The aim of this work is to investigate the mechanism of action of nitric oxide (NO) in this process. Métodos e Resultados: We used iNOSKO and control C57/B6 mice. Two experimental groups were used: SL-CLP (100 % survival and NM) and L-CLP (20% of survival and failure of NM). iNOSKO SL- and L-CLP mice showed an increase in NM into peritoneum, but high mortality (60% and 100%, respectively). The number of bacteria into peritoneal cavity of iNOSKO SL-CLP group was elevated 24h after surgery compared to control mice (no bacteria). In iNOSKO L-CLP group a great number of bacteria was also present, similar to the L-CLP control. In addition, L-CLP mice showed reduced rolling (97%), adhesion (86%) and migration of leukocytes (72%), in comparison to SL-CLP, whereas these responses were prevented in AG- treated and iNOSKO L-CLP miceFurther we investigated that L-CLP mice did not present significant reduction of L-selectin expression on neutrophil surface, and same result was observed to AG-treated and iNOSKO animals. In the other hand, the CD18 expression was significantly reduced in L-CLP animals, whereas it was prevented in AG-treated and iNOSKO animals. Conclusões: These results suggest that NO modulates the NM,interfering in the rolling of leukocytes and consequently decreasing the adhesion and migration. In addition, CD18 expression seems to have crucial role in the failure of neutrophil migration in severe sepsis, but no change in L-selectin. We also can conclude that despite NO is extremely important to bacterial killing, it impairs the neutrophil migration towards infectious focus
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental - FeSBE
ABNTBENJAMIM, C F; FORTES, Zuleica Bruno; FERREIRA, S H; CUNHA, F Q. Impairmant of rolling is the critical step in the failure of neutrophil migration in sepsis: role of nitric oxide. Anais.. Caxambu: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2001.
APABenjamim, C. F., Fortes, Z. B., Ferreira, S. H., & Cunha, F. Q. (2001). Impairmant of rolling is the critical step in the failure of neutrophil migration in sepsis: role of nitric oxide. In Resumos. Caxambu: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMBenjamim CF, Fortes ZB, Ferreira SH, Cunha FQ. Impairmant of rolling is the critical step in the failure of neutrophil migration in sepsis: role of nitric oxide. Resumos. 2001 ;
VancouverBenjamim CF, Fortes ZB, Ferreira SH, Cunha FQ. Impairmant of rolling is the critical step in the failure of neutrophil migration in sepsis: role of nitric oxide. Resumos. 2001 ;
- Estresse crônico moderado e imprevisível induz disfunção endotelial na aorta torácica de ratos
- Efeito do inibidor da aldose redutase zopolrestat sobre o comprometimento da população mastocitária na diabetes experimental em ratos
- Diabetes tipo 2: estudo da radioatividade microvascular
- Tratamento com zopolrestat, inibidor da aldose redutase, corrige a mastocitopenia pleural verificada em ratos diabéticos
- Inibição da aldose redutase e a resposta venular no "diabetes mellitus"
- Reatividade dos vasos da microcirculação no diabetes experimental: resposta de machos e fêmeas diabéticos a mediadores inflamatórios
- Participação de corticosteróides endógenos na resposta inflamatória de ratos diabéticos tipo 2
- Mecanismos envolvidos nas complicações de diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes and vascular reactivity
- Non-steroidal antinflammatory drug and calcium channel blocker: influence on leukocyte-endothelium interaction in rats
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas