Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes (2004)
- USP affiliated authors: MACHADO, UBIRATAN FABRES - ICB
- USP Schools: ICB
- Subjects: FISIOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Renal denervation in Streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetes in rats is associated with the reversal of glycosuria and natriuresis. We have previously demonstrated that RD reduced renal GLUT2 in diabetic (D) and control (C) rats, a finding that could be caused by the reduced sympathetic tone. In this study we hyptothesize that sympathetic hyperactivity, characteristic of early-phase hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) would cause elevation of renal GLUT2 in diabetic rats. Objective: To evaluate the renal content of GLUT1 and GLUT2 under conditions of STZ-diabetes and sympathetic hyperactivity (SHR). Métodos e Resultados: Material and methods: Twenty SHR and 12 Wistar-Kyoto (C) male rats weighing 200-250g, injected with STZ, 50 mg/kg IV (SHRD, n=10 and CD, n=6) or citrate buffer (SHRC, n=10 and C, n=6) 30 days before were studied. A platinum electrode and catheters were implanted in the left renal nerve and into the femoral artery and vein (PE-10) to record, in conscious animals, renal sympathetic activity and arterial pressure (AP), respectively.Recorded data were analyzed on a beat-to-beat basis. Glycemia was monitored during the experiments. Cortex and medulla samples were obtained for GLUT2 and GLUT1 protein content evaluation (Western-blotting), respectively. Conclusões: We concluded that the higher GLUT2 content observed in SHR supports the hypothesis of modulation of glucose transporters by thesympathetic nervous system, since these animals have sympathetic hyperactivity. This effect is additive to the known effects of diabetes in causing higher renal cortical GLUT2 levels.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTMOREIRA, E. D.; SCHAAN, B. D.; HERMES, E.; et al. Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia: [s.n.], 2004.
APAMoreira, E. D., Schaan, B. D., Hermes, E., Sauer, F., Lima, N., Passaglia, J., et al. (2004). Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia.
NLMMoreira ED, Schaan BD, Hermes E, Sauer F, Lima N, Passaglia J, Okamoto M, Irigoyen MC. Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. Resumos. 2004 ;
VancouverMoreira ED, Schaan BD, Hermes E, Sauer F, Lima N, Passaglia J, Okamoto M, Irigoyen MC. Sympathetic hyperactivity changes glut 1 and glut 2 expression in experimental hypertensive diabetes. Resumos. 2004 ;
- 17β estradiol regulates Slc2a4 expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via ESR1 and ESR2: possible involvement of NF-kB
- Introdução a fisiologia endócrina
- Chronic treatment with cb1 receptor antagonist increases glut4 expression through a nf-kappab dependent mechanism
- The smoking during pregnancy and lactation causes elevations on fasting glucose levels without changing GLUT4 protein in muscle
- Effect of PPAR agonists alpha and gamma on renal glucose transporters expression of insulinopenic diabetic rats
- Decreased diabetes-induced glycemic impairment in WKY and SHR involves enhanced skeletal muscle Slc2a4/GLUT4 expression
- Renal GLUT1 reduction depends on angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition in diabetic hypertensive rats
- O tônus ß-adrenérgico preserva a expressão do MRNA do GLUT4 em músculo glicolítico (branco) durante o jejum
- Participação dos fatores transcricionais MEF2D, HIF1-A, TR, NF-KB e do domínio 1 na expressão gênica do GLUT4, induzido pela atividade contátil
- Efeito agudo de refeições hiperlipídica e hiperglicídica na secreção e ação da insulina
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas