Unpredictable stress increases the NF-KB translocation induced by LPS in the frontal cortex (2005)
- USP affiliated authors: SCAVONE, CRISTOFORO - ICB
- USP Schools: ICB
- Subjects: FARMACOLOGIA
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Objetivo: Despite the well-established anti-intiflamatory and immunosuppressive actions of glucocorticoids (GCs), these hormones, released in stressful situations, can increase inflammatory process and compromise the ability of neurons to survive when associated with neurotoxic insults. The transcription factor NF-_B regulates numerous genes that play important roles in inflammation, cellular signaling and cellular stress response and can be directly or indirectly modulated by GCs. In this study, we have investigated the role of GCs in LPS-induced activation of NF-_B in the frontal cortex (FCx), using chronic unpredictable stress (USt) as experimental model. Métodos e Resultados: Non-stressed and USt male Wistar rats were treated, twenty-four hours after USt, with saline or LPS (1 mg/kg, i.v.) and were decapitated two hour later. Gel shift assays showed that USt induced a further increase in LPS-induced activation of NF-_B in FCx. Treatment with RU-486, a GCs receptor antagonist, 30 minutes before LPS was able to block this potentiation in FCx. Indeed, western blot assay has showed that USt potentiated the translocation of the p65 subunit of NF-_B to the nucleus induced by LPS and the RU treatment blunted this effect, suggesting that the potentiation induced by GCs in the LPS-induced NF-_B binding activity could be, in part, mediated by the increased p65 translocation to the nucleus. Conclusões: These results indicate that high levels of GCs induced bystress do not have the expected anti-inflammatory effects and suggest a possible mechanism by which this could be occurring. To further understand the generality of these effects in the FCx, we are examining the effects of GCs on LPSinduced expression of pro-inflamatory genes (iNOS, TNF-_ and IL-1_) in this region.
- Título do periódico: Resumos
- Conference titles: Reunião Anual da Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, FeSBE
ABNTMALTA, M. B.; LEPSCH, L. B.; KAWAMOTO, E. M.; et al. Unpredictable stress increases the NF-KB translocation induced by LPS in the frontal cortex. Anais.. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental, 2005.
APAMalta, M. B., Lepsch, L. B., Kawamoto, E. M., Lima, L. S., Scavone, C., & Munhoz, C. D. (2005). Unpredictable stress increases the NF-KB translocation induced by LPS in the frontal cortex. In Resumos. Águas de Lindóia, São Paulo: Federação de Sociedades de Biologia Experimental.
NLMMalta MB, Lepsch LB, Kawamoto EM, Lima LS, Scavone C, Munhoz CD. Unpredictable stress increases the NF-KB translocation induced by LPS in the frontal cortex. Resumos. 2005 ;
VancouverMalta MB, Lepsch LB, Kawamoto EM, Lima LS, Scavone C, Munhoz CD. Unpredictable stress increases the NF-KB translocation induced by LPS in the frontal cortex. Resumos. 2005 ;
- Ouabain modulates the lipid composition of hippocampal plasma membranes from rats with LPS-induced neuroinflammation
- Influence of the dopaminergic system, CREB, and transcription factor-κB on cocaine neurotoxicity
- Lipid changes in the rat hippocampus after treatment with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and ouabain
- LPS-induce activaion of nuclear actor NF-KB in the central nervous system: attenuation by a NMDA receptor antagonist and a neural nitric oxide synthase (NNOS) inhibitor
- Atividade de óxido nitrico (NOS) em plaquetas de pacientes com a doença de Alzeimer
- Age-related changes in the modulatory action of carbon monoxide and free radicals on cerebellar Na, K-ATPase activity
- Influência da idade na modulação pelo óxido nítrico na atividade da Na, K-ATPase através da via GMPc na traquéia proximal de ratos
- Ouabain modulates nuclear factor NF-kB in the central nervous system
- Fármacos usados no tratamento de doenças neurodegenerativas
- Glucocorticoid exacerbation of LPS-induced activation of NF-kB in pre-frontal cortex by repeated unpredictable stress
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas