Annual variation of the ostracod fauna at flamengo bay (2006)
- USP affiliated authors: EICHLER, BEATRIZ BECK - IO
- USP Schools: IO
- Subjects: OSTRACODA; ECOLOGIA DE COMUNIDADES
- Language: Português
- Abstract: Flamengo's bay surface is approximately 18 km2 with average 2,5 km wide. Sediments are usually a mixture of sand and pellits at different proportions, typical of low energy environments. Low oxygen, high concentration of organic matter and low pH values were generally recorded at the same stations, thus being related with intense bacterial activity. These places where considered stressful to the alocthonous ostracod fauna. The inverse correlation between oxygen and organic matter defines the faunal distribution inside Flamengo bay, as most of the main species have a similar response to the variation of these abiothic parameters. The Ostracoda fauna inside Flamengo bay may be characterized as typical from well oxygenized coastal marine environments, as even the most abundant species Callistocythere litoralensis, have its distribution restricted by the concentration of organic matter in the sediments. The most abundant species found at this bay, doesn't answer well to the environment stress, as the areas more altered by anthropogenic actions are not favored by an opportunistic response. Even where some dominance is detected, a great number of species is present, indicating more a better exploration of the environmental condition, opposite to a typical opportunistic situation common in more stressful coastal environments. Ostracods are accounted in large numbers during all the study. Very few barren stations were found, being the majority sampled atSaco do Ribeira. At this area very few individuals were found during all the study, probably correlated with its more stressful conditions (shallow waters, hypoxia, less alkali environment, chronic diesel contamination). Among the major species none is seasonal, those who are, accounted for few individuals being rare when found. The most abundant are: Callistocythere litoralensis, Callistocythere ornata, Cushmanidea varibilis, Cyprideis sp., Neomonoceratina mediterrânea, Semixestoleberis sp., Whatleyella sanguinettiae and Xestoleberis sp.. All those species migrate inside the Flamengo bay, compensating any seasonal change that may take place at this environment.
- Título do periódico: resumos
- Conference titles: Simpósio Brasileiro Oceanografia
ABNTGHISELLI, Renato Olindo; EICHLER, Beatriz Beck. Annual variation of the ostracod fauna at flamengo bay. Anais.. São Paulo: [s.n.], 2006.
APAGhiselli, R. O., & Eichler, B. B. (2006). Annual variation of the ostracod fauna at flamengo bay. In resumos. São Paulo.
NLMGhiselli RO, Eichler BB. Annual variation of the ostracod fauna at flamengo bay. resumos. 2006 ;
VancouverGhiselli RO, Eichler BB. Annual variation of the ostracod fauna at flamengo bay. resumos. 2006 ;
- Potencial de preservacao de feraminiferos da enseada do flamengo, ubatuba, sp: implicacoes paleoambientais
- Repartition des foraminiferes benthiques dans la zone sud-ouest du systeme estuarien-lagunaire d'iguape-cananeia (bresil)
- Living foraminiferal fauna near tidewater glacier in two antarctic inlets (King George Island)
- Caracterização ambiental da Baía de Guanabara (RJ) através dos foraminíferos bentônicos, inverno (2000): resultados preliminares
- Ostracodes na Baía de Guanabara, obtidos no Inverno de 2000: resultados preliminares
- Sensitivity of foraminifers to stratification of water masses in shallow coastal lagoons
- The influence of Valo Grande Barrier's disruption (Iguape, Brasil) Upon the associations of foraminifers and thecamoebians
- Etude des tess anormaux de foraminiferes dans un systèm estuarien pollué: Le complexe de Santos-São Vicente (Brésil)
- Foraminíferos como indicadores de massas de água no complexo estuarino lagunar (Laguna, SC) no inverno de 2002.
- Fluxo de nutrientes inorgânicos dissolvidos na interface água-sedimento da Lagoa da Conceição, SC, Brasil.
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas