Emission of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from gasohol and ethanol vehicles (2009)
- USP affiliated authors: ASSUNÇÃO, JOAO VICENTE DE - FSP
- USP Schools: FSP
- DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.10.014
- Subjects: VEÍCULOS AUTOMOTORES; POLUIÇÃO ATMOSFÉRICA; HIDROCARBONETOS; AGENTE TÓXICO; GASOLINA; ETANOL
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The exhaust emission of the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) considered toxic to human health were investigated on two spark ignition light duty vehicles, one being gasohol (Gasohol, in Brazil, is the generic denomination for mixtures of pure gasoline plus 20-25% of anhydrous ethyl alcohol fuel (AEAF).)-fuelled and the other a flexible-fuel vehicle fuelled with hydrated ethanol. The influence of fuel type and quality, aged lubricant oil type and use of fuel additives on the formation of these compounds was tested using standardized tests identical to US FTP-75 cycle. PAH sampling and chemical analysis followed the basic recommendations of method TO-13 (United States. Environmental Protection Agency, 1999. Compendium Method TO-13A - Determination of polycyclic Aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in Ambient Air Using Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (CG/MS). Center for environmental research information, Cincinnati, p. 78), with the necessary modification for this particular application. Results showed that the total PAH emission factor varied from 41.9 µg km-1 to 612 µg km-1 in the gasohol vehicle, and from 11.7 µg km-1 to 27.4 µg km-1 in the ethanol-fuelled vehicle, a significant difference in favor of the ethanol vehicle. Generally, emission of light molecular weight PAHs was predominant, while high molecular weights PAHs were not detected. In terms of benzo(a)pyrene toxicity equivalence, emission factors varied from 0.00984 µg TEQ km-1 to 4.61 µg TEQ km-1for the gasohol vehicle and from 0.0117 µg TEQ km-1 to 0.0218 µg TEQ km-1 in the ethanol vehicle. ) For the gasohol vehicle, results showed that the use of fuel additive causes a significant increase in the emission of naphthalene and phenanthrene at a confidence level of 90% or higher; the use of rubber solvent on gasohol showed a reduction in the emission of naphthalene and phenanthrene at the same confidence level; the use of synthetic oil instead of mineral oil also contributed significantly to a decrease in the emission of naphthalene and fluorene. In relation to the ethanol vehicle, the same factors were tested and showed no statistically significant influence on PAH emission
- Este periódico é de assinatura
- Este artigo NÃO é de acesso aberto
- Cor do Acesso Aberto: closed
Título: Atmospheric Environment
Citescore - 2017: 4.12
SJR - 2017: 1.523
SNIP - 2017: 1.451
ABNTABRANTES, Rui de; ASSUNÇÃO, João Vicente de; PESQUERO, Célia Regina; BRUNS, Roy Edward. Emission of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from gasohol and ethanol vehicles. Atmospheric Environment, Oxford, v. 43, n. Ja 2009, p. 648-654, 2009. DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.10.014.
APAAbrantes, R. de, Assunção, J. V. de, Pesquero, C. R., & Bruns, R. E. (2009). Emission of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from gasohol and ethanol vehicles. Atmospheric Environment, 43( Ja 2009), 648-654. doi:10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.10.014
NLMAbrantes R de, Assunção JV de, Pesquero CR, Bruns RE. Emission of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from gasohol and ethanol vehicles. Atmospheric Environment. 2009 ; 43( Ja 2009): 648-654.
VancouverAbrantes R de, Assunção JV de, Pesquero CR, Bruns RE. Emission of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from gasohol and ethanol vehicles. Atmospheric Environment. 2009 ; 43( Ja 2009): 648-654.
- Avaliação de compostos orgânicos voláteis em ambientes interiores climatizados
- Poluição atmosférica
- Etanol e qualidade do ar
- Poluição do ar
- Controle da poluição do ar em locais de tratamento e destinação final de resíduos sólidos urbanos
- "Pricípio poluidor-pagador"
- Criterios para estudo previo de impacto ambiental: importancia
- Quadro atual e perspectiva da gestão ambiental municipal no Brasil
- Ventilacao industrial protecao a saude do trabalhador
- Precipitadores eletrostaticos - operacao e manutencao
Informações sobre o DOI: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.10.014 (Fonte: oaDOI API)
Informações sobre o Citescore
|Biblioteca||Cód. de barras||Núm. de chamada|
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas