Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters (2013)
- USP affiliated authors: LIMA, MARCOS VINICIUS BORGES TEIXEIRA - IF ; SODRE JUNIOR, LAERTE - IAG
- USP Schools: IF; IAG
- Subjects: COSMOLOGIA; MATÉRIA ESCURA; GALÁXIAS; CLUSTERS
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We use the stacked gravitational lensing mass proﬁle of four high-mass s (M & 1015M⊙)galaxy clusters around z ≈ 0.3 from Umetsu et al. to ﬁt density proﬁles of phenomenological [Navarro-Frenk-White (NFW), Einasto, Sérsic, Stadel, Baltz-Marshall-Oguri (BMO) and Hernquist] and theoretical (non-singular Isothermal Sphere, DARKexp and Kang & He) models of the dark matter distribution. We account for large-scale structure effects, including a 2-halo term in the analysis. We ﬁnd that the BMO model provides the best ﬁt to the data as measured by the reduced χ 2 . It is followed by the Stadel proﬁle, the generalized NFW proﬁle with a free inner slope and by the Einasto proﬁle. The NFW model provides the best ﬁt if we neglect the 2-halo term, in agreement with results from Umetsu et al. Among the theoretical proﬁles, the DARKexp model with a single form parameter has the best performance, very close to that of the BMO proﬁle. This may indicate a connection between this theoretical model and the phenomenology of dark matter halos, shedding light on the dynamical basis of empirical proﬁles which emerge from numerical simulations.
ABNTSILVA, Leandro José Beraldo e; LIMA, Marcos Vinicius Borges Teixeira; SODRÉ JÚNIOR, Laerte. Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APASilva, L. J. B. e, Lima, M. V. B. T., & Sodré Júnior, L. (2013). Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. São Paulo.
NLMSilva LJB e, Lima MVBT, Sodré Júnior L. Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. 2013 ;
VancouverSilva LJB e, Lima MVBT, Sodré Júnior L. Testing phenomenological and theoretical models of dark matter density proﬁles with galaxy clusters. 2013 ;
- Statistical mechanics of self-gravitating systems: mixing as a criterion for indistinguishability
- Structure formation and cosmic acceleration
- Comparing Dark Energy Survey and HST –CLASH observations of the galaxy cluster RXC J2248.7–4431: implications for stellar mass versus dark matter
- Joint measurement of lensing-galaxy correlations using SPT and DES SV data
- Optical-SZE scaling relations for DES optically selected clusters within the SPT-SZ survey
- Super-sample covariance approximations and partial sky coverage
- The SDSS-IV extended baryon oscillation spectroscopic survey: overview and early data
- Joint measurement of lensing–galaxy correlations using SPT and DES SV data
- Cosmic shear measurements with dark energy survey science verification data
- Cross-correlation of gravitational lensing from DES science verification data with SPT and planck lensing.
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas