On reduction of the wave-packet, decoherence, irreversibility and the second law of thermodynamics (2013)
- USP affiliated authors: WRESZINSKI, WALTER FELIPE - IF
- USP Schools: IF
- Subjects: ENTROPIA; SISTEMA QUÂNTICO; TERMODINÂMICA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: We prove a quantum version of the second law of thermodynamics: the (quantum) Boltzmann entropy increases if the initial (zero time) density matrix decoheres, a condition generally satisﬁed in Nature. It is illustrated by a model of wave-packet reduction, the Coleman-Hepp model, along the framework introduced by Sewell (2005) in his approach to the quantum measurement problem. Further models illustrate the monotonic-versus-non-monotonic behavior of the quantum Boltzmann entropy in time. As a last closely related topic, decoherence, which was shown by Narnhofer and Thirring (1999) to enforce macroscopic purity in the case of quantum K systems, is analysed within a diﬀerent class of quantum chaotic systems, viz. the quantum Anosov models as deﬁned by Emch, Narnhofer, Sewell and Thirring (1994). A review of the concept of quantum Boltzmann entropy, as well as of some of the rigorous approaches to the quantum measurement problem within the framework of Schr¨odinger dynamics, is given, together with an overview of the C* algebra approach, which encompasses the relevant notions and deﬁnitions in a comprehensive way.
ABNTNARNHOFER, H; WRESZINSKI, Walter Felipe. On reduction of the wave-packet, decoherence, irreversibility and the second law of thermodynamics. [S.l: s.n.], 2013.
APANarnhofer, H., & Wreszinski, W. F. (2013). On reduction of the wave-packet, decoherence, irreversibility and the second law of thermodynamics. São Paulo.
NLMNarnhofer H, Wreszinski WF. On reduction of the wave-packet, decoherence, irreversibility and the second law of thermodynamics. 2013 ;
VancouverNarnhofer H, Wreszinski WF. On reduction of the wave-packet, decoherence, irreversibility and the second law of thermodynamics. 2013 ;
- On translational superfluidity and the Landau criterion for trapped bose gases in the Gross-Pitaevski
- Grupos de lie e particulas elementares
- On properties of the singularity of the ground state in certain classical Heisenberg models
- Causal approach to (2+1) dimensional qed
- As visões de um cientista exato
- Localization for the spin-j boson hamiltonian
- Heisenberg xxz hamiltonian with dzyaloshinsky-moriya interactions
- Zeros of the husimi functions of the spin-boson model
- Two-level quantum dynamics, integrability, and unitary NOT gates
- On the Casimir energy for a massive quantum scalar field and the cosmological constant
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas