Benchmarking Six Sigma implementation in services companies operating in an emerging economy (2014)
- USP affiliated authors: CARVALHO, MARLY MONTEIRO DE - EP
- USP Schools: EP
- DOI: 10.1108/bij-03-2012-0014
- Subjects: ADMINISTRAÇÃO DA QUALIDADE; SERVIÇOS (ORGANIZAÇÃO;OPERAÇÃO); BENCHMARKING
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: Purpose – The paper reports case studies conducted in services organizations that apply Six Sigma in an emerging economy. Aspects of human resources and full-time specialist, infra-structure, top management leadership, customer requirements, focus on financial and non-financial results, structured method and strategic project selection are investigated. The paper aims to discuss these issues. Design/methodology/approach – Case-based research is employed as methodological approach. Data were mostly gathered through semi-structured interviews with managers involved with Six Sigma implementation. When available, archival data were also used to achieve more evidence towards triangulation. Then, the aggregation of the results was done a posteriori. Findings – It was verified that Six Sigma was successfully implemented in those companies, however with some drawbacks. The studied companies adopt Six Sigma in association with other quality management approaches, mainly ISO 9000: 2008 and lean production. Research limitations/implications – The study was limited to three service companies. Therefore, the study findings are not subject to generalisation for other similar firms. Practical implications – The research shows the importance of Six Sigma implementation in service companies in addition to its contribution to practical application by identifying the relevant aspects of its introduction. It enables practitioners to use the findings on factors that should be taken into consideration when applying Six Sigma. Originality/value – It is one of the few studies on Six Sigma analysis in emerging economies. In addition, the empirical results found support in existing theory to some extent
- Este periódico é de assinatura
- Este artigo NÃO é de acesso aberto
- Cor do Acesso Aberto: closed
ABNTMIGUEL, Paulo Augusto Cauchick; CARVALHO, Marly Monteiro de. Benchmarking Six Sigma implementation in services companies operating in an emerging economy. Benchmarking: An International Journal, Bradford, v. 21, n. 1, p. 62-76, 2014. DOI: 10.1108/bij-03-2012-0014.
APAMiguel, P. A. C., & Carvalho, M. M. de. (2014). Benchmarking Six Sigma implementation in services companies operating in an emerging economy. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 21( 1), 62-76. doi:10.1108/bij-03-2012-0014
NLMMiguel PAC, Carvalho MM de. Benchmarking Six Sigma implementation in services companies operating in an emerging economy. Benchmarking: An International Journal. 2014 ; 21( 1): 62-76.
VancouverMiguel PAC, Carvalho MM de. Benchmarking Six Sigma implementation in services companies operating in an emerging economy. Benchmarking: An International Journal. 2014 ; 21( 1): 62-76.
- O ambiente de inovação e a gerência de projetos
- Remuneração variável em um instituto de pesquisa: o caso do Instituto de Pesquisas Tecnológicas do Estado de São Paulo. (Em CD-Rom)
- Quantifying the value of project management: the actual situation in the it market in Brazil
- Implicações dos paradigmas da gestão industrial na formação de uma cooperativa de trabalhadores
- O uso de protótipos virtuais na validação de projetos mecânicos complexos: um estudo de caso no setor automobilístico
- Applying virtual simulation in automotive: new product development process.
- Perspectivas da gestão de projetos
- Abordagem de estudo de caso: utilização do livro
- Gestão de projetos de aplicação WEB: uma abordagem para minimização de incertezas na definição de escopo
- Estruturas de gerenciamento de projetos e competências em equipes de projetos
Informações sobre o DOI: 10.1108/bij-03-2012-0014 (Fonte: oaDOI API)
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas