Evaluation of integration models in intra-firm technology transfer between research and development (2016)
- USP affiliated authors: SALERNO, MARIO SERGIO - EP ; GOMES, LEONARDO AUGUSTO DE VASCONCELOS - FEA ; YU, ABRAHAM SIN OIH - FEA ; NASCIMENTO, PAULO TROMBONI DE SOUZA - FEA
- USP Schools: EP; FEA; FEA; FEA
- Subjects: TRANSFERÊNCIA DE TECNOLOGIA; PESQUISA
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: The importance and the problem of integration among different functional areas within organizations, for example between R&D and Marketing or between Sales and Production, is well addressed in the literature about organizations. Important reports have also been made on the technology transfer between two different organizations. However, it is rarely addressed the interaction that takes place inside the R&D, which is usually seen as a single entity, but we can consider a clear distinction between ‘R’ of Research, responsible for the development of new technologies, and ‘D’ of Development, responsible for materialize in products, processes or services some of these technologies. The objective of this study is to investigate the mechanisms of intra-firm technology transfer and the integration between Research and Development reported in the literature, confronting them in a case study of consumer goods company, leader in the market and innovation, with a strong R&D structure. From organizational theory (from the perspective of Galbraith’s model) and integration models reported in the literature about intra-firm technology transfer (symbolized by studies presented by Chiesa and Iansiti among others), is performed a comparative analysis of these models reported about intra-firm integration (internal technology transfer) between Research and Development. From existing processes established in the organization studied, a diagnosis analysis was carried out to identify particular practices that fits into Galbraith’s model and into literature models reported. As result of this study, an understanding of the similarities and differences among the various models reported in the literature was established, and that is possible to analyze the integration between Research and Development form organization theory perspective...
- Título do periódico: Proceedings. Technology: future thinking
- Conference titles: International Association for Management of Technology Conference - IAMOT
ABNTMARANZATO, Felipe Plana; SALERNO, Mario; GOMES, Leonardo Augusto de Vasconcelos; et al. Evaluation of integration models in intra-firm technology transfer between research and development. Anais.. Orlando: IAMOT, 2016.
APAMaranzato, F. P., Salerno, M., Gomes, L. A. de V., Yu, A. S. O., Nascimento, P. T. de S., & Horta, L. H. H. (2016). Evaluation of integration models in intra-firm technology transfer between research and development. In Proceedings. Technology: future thinking. Orlando: IAMOT.
NLMMaranzato FP, Salerno M, Gomes LA de V, Yu ASO, Nascimento PT de S, Horta LHH. Evaluation of integration models in intra-firm technology transfer between research and development. Proceedings. Technology: future thinking. 2016 ;
VancouverMaranzato FP, Salerno M, Gomes LA de V, Yu ASO, Nascimento PT de S, Horta LHH. Evaluation of integration models in intra-firm technology transfer between research and development. Proceedings. Technology: future thinking. 2016 ;
- Complex project, complex innovation processes: evidence from an aircraft company
- Valuation of innovation projects with high uncertainty: reasons behind the implementation of real options
- Videocurso online gratuito em gestão da inovação
- How entrepreneurs manage collective uncertainties in innovation ecosystems
- Innovation processes: which process for which project?
- Market and technical capabilities in associated business development
- Renewable energy: a framework to model a brazilian case of sucess (part 1)
- Modeling the new franchise creation decision: the relevance of behavioral reasons
- Product development management in three modes
- Desenvolvimento de produtos e processos: um estudo de caso do ERJ-145
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas