Software-defined-networking-enabled capacity sharing in user-centric networks (2014)
- USP affiliated authors: MARGI, CÍNTIA BORGES - EP
- USP Schools: EP
- Sigla do Departamento: PCS
- DOI: 10.1109/mcom.2014.6894449
- Subjects: SEGURANÇA DE REDES; INTERNET; ARQUITETURA E ORGANIZAÇÃO DE COMPUTADORES
- Language: Inglês
- Abstract: In this article, we discuss user-centric networks as a way of, if not completely solving, considerably mitigating the problem of sharing limited network capacity and resources efficiently and fairly. UCNs are self-organizing networks where the end user plays an active role in delivering networking functions such as providing Internet access to other users. We propose to leverage the recently proposed SDN paradigm to enable cooperation between wireless nodes and provide capacity sharing services in UCNs. Our SDNbased approach allows coverage of existing network infrastructure (e.g., WiFi or 3GPP) to be extended to other end users or ad hoc networks that would otherwise not be able to have access to network connectivity and services. Moreover, the proposed SDN-based architecture also takes into account current network load and conditions, and QoS requirements. Another important feature of our framework is that security is an integral part of the architecture and protocols. We discuss the requirements for enabling capacity sharing services in the context of UCNs (e.g., resource discovery, node admission control, cooperation incentives, QoS, security) and how SDN can aid in enabling such services. The article also describes the proposed SDN-enabled capacity sharing framework for UCNs.
- Título do periódico: IEEE Communications Magazine
- Volume/Número/Paginação/Ano: v. 52, n. 9, Sep 2014, p. 28-36
- Este periódico é de assinatura
- Este artigo é de acesso aberto
- URL de acesso aberto
- Cor do Acesso Aberto: green
ABNTNUNES, Bruno Astuto Arouche; OLIVEIRA, Bruno Trevizan de; MARGI, Cíntia Borges; et al. Software-defined-networking-enabled capacity sharing in user-centric networks. IEEE Communications Magazine[S.l.], IEER, v. 52, n. 9, p. 28-36, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/mcom.2014.6894449.
APANunes, B. A. A., Oliveira, B. T. de, Margi, C. B., Santos, M. A. S., Obraczka, K., & Turletti, T. (2014). Software-defined-networking-enabled capacity sharing in user-centric networks. IEEE Communications Magazine, 52( 9), 28-36. doi:10.1109/mcom.2014.6894449
NLMNunes BAA, Oliveira BT de, Margi CB, Santos MAS, Obraczka K, Turletti T. Software-defined-networking-enabled capacity sharing in user-centric networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2014 ; 52( 9): 28-36.
VancouverNunes BAA, Oliveira BT de, Margi CB, Santos MAS, Obraczka K, Turletti T. Software-defined-networking-enabled capacity sharing in user-centric networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2014 ; 52( 9): 28-36.
- Software-defined wireless sensor networks and internet of things standardization synergism
- Impact of operating systems on wireless sensor networks (security) applications and testbeds
- Software-defined networking based capacity sharing in hybrid networks
- Energy consumption trade-offs in power constrained networks: wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
- TinySDN: enabling Multiple Controllers for Software-Defined Wireless Sensor Networks
- Comunicação, segurança e gerenciamento em redes de sensores sem fio
- TinySDN: enabling multiple controllers for software-defined wireless sensor networks
- Análise de viabilidade da biblioteca de criptografia TinYECC em redes de sensores sem fio
- Assisting physical (Hydro) therapy with wireless sensors networks
- Um mecanismo para distribuição segura de vídeo MPEG
Informações sobre o DOI: 10.1109/mcom.2014.6894449 (Fonte: oaDOI API)
How to cite
A citação é gerada automaticamente e pode não estar totalmente de acordo com as normas